Volunteering - our lifeblood
About our volunteers
Volunteer Support Network
Specially recruited, trained and supervised volunteers support all components of the hospice programme. Some volunteers help support patients and their families while others help with reception, administration, computers, drivers, fundraising, Day Programme hosts, flower arranging, baking & preserving, knitting, biographers, gardeners, housekeeping or car cleaners.
Our HospiceShop Volunteers
Hospice Taranaki's five retail HospiceShops are staffed with the support of a huge team of skilled and dedicated volunteers. The contribution of volunteers enables Hospice Taranaki to help raise vital funds to care for patients and families within Taranaki Region.
HospiceShops Warehouse Volunteers
Hospice Warehouse on Borrell Ave, New Plymouth has a large team of skilled and dedicated volunteers, using their various backgrounds to assist Hospice make the most of each and every item donated.
To become a volunteer - we need you!
- HospiceShops including the HospiceShops Warehouse - Please call into your nearest HospiceShop to request an application pack.
- Or if you are interested in helping in a HospiceShop in the South (Hawera or Stratford) text or phone Tania Brown on 027 521 1449.
- If you are interested in helping in a HospiceShop in the North (Westown, Waiwhakaiho or Waitara) text or phone Jessica Sinclair on 021 537 707.
- Te Rangimarie and/or in the community, then please contact Lianne McElroy at Te Rangimarie 06 753 7830 or email Lianne McElroy to arrange a time to meet.
- Biographies, then please contact the Support Services Manager - Stacey Marshall
If you are not sure how your skills might help then please contact Lianne McElroy either with a call (06 753 7830) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardeners – Tuesday mornings at Te Rangimarie. This role includes pruning plants, weeding, planting and looking after our vegetable garden. We try to keep the gardens looking tidy and colourful for the patients and families/whanau to enjoy.
- All HospiceShops & New Plymouth HospiceShop Warehouse are looking for volunteers - many varied roles, it is ideal if you are strong/strength to carry donations of boxes and furniture around.
Click here for Taranaki's HospiceShops location details.