How Can I Help or Donate
Hospice palliative care is free to our patients, however our services are far from cost free.
We expect to provide palliative care to over 650 people this year and support thousands more of their family and whanau. Although we receive core government funding we still need to secure another $5m dollars this year (2023/24) to cover the costs of providing our services at no charge.
The $5m is dependent on the generosity of the Taranaki community for; Grants, donations, fundraising events and our HospiceShops for support.
All financial contributions are an investment in our future and help us to ensure we are able to continue to provide our specialist hospice care and support to all who need us regardless of their financial situation.
As Hospice Taranaki is a registered charity, all monetary donations over $5.00 are eligible for a tax rebate and we will provide you with a receipt for this.
Hospice Taranaki Inc is registered as a charitable trust : 10437
HOSPICE TARANAKI BANK ACCOUNT:TSB Bank 15 3948 0365008 080
REFERENCE: Varies based upon the motivation of the donation see one, two and three...
1) A general donation of support - then please use the reference of your initial, surname & phone number so we can acknowledge your donation with a receipt & a thank you.
2) A Funeral Donation - If you are making a donation in preference to flowers in recognition of the care and support given - then please use the reference IMO (meaning "in memory of") Surname of the deceased along with your initial, surname & phone number - we can then acknowledge to you and the family with a receipt and a thank you.
3) If you would like to donate $35 per month to provide patients in Te Rangimarie with a meal please click on this link
4) Making a donation to combat fuel costs - reference FUEL followed by your surname and phone number, we will then acknowledge your donation with a receipt & a thank you.
RECEIPTS - To ensure you receive a receipt - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS - YOU CAN TELEPHONE ... Rose Whitaker 06 753 7830 extension 8653
CREDIT CARD DONATION DETAILS
- Donate right now by making a credit card donation- (CLICK HERE) donate now with credit card.
CASH DONATIONS ACCEPTED
Don't forget, we are grateful for cash donations, just by bringing them to Te Rangimarie Hospice, 5 David Street, Westown, New Plymouth. Ensure that your name and address (email address) are with the donation so that we can send you a receipt. Please DO NOT send cash through the post.
If you would like further information regarding donating regularly - click here to a "little and often"
If you would like further information regarding "Leaving a lasting gift" to Hospice Taranaki through a Bequest - Click here
If you would like further information regarding "what can I donate to the HospiceShop" - Click here
If you would like further information regarding "payroll giving" - click here