140 holiday homes - stays with Timeout
Kia ora everyone,
Just a quick note from the team at TimeOut charity (www.timeoutnz.org) to remind everyone that our Stays are up and running and that we would love to try and find something suitable for any families you might have in mind who are dealing with a terminal diagnosis and could benefit from some time away from home to create special memories together ♥
After a difficult few years for everyone, we are incredibly grateful to still have 140 holiday homes on our database and we are finding that many people are feeling more confident to travel again which is wonderful. We have facilitated 43 TimeOut stays so far this year and would love to see this number increase as much as possible! We would really appreciate any support you could give us in helping to spread the word to Recipients and their whānau.
I would love the opportunity to:
- Send you TimeOut brochures to hand out to Recipients and their families outlining how our Stays work and how they can apply
- Hold a Zoom session for you and your team to go through how our TimeOut stays work and ask any questions
- Answer any questions you may via phone (0273024892) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a reminder on how things work:
- We currently have about 140 holiday homes on our database, and these are spread all around NZ (approx. 80% in the North Island and 20% in the South Island). They are mostly privately owned holiday homes and our owners generously donate 1-2 stays to TimeOut each year.
- Our stays are completely free for our Recipients, we just ask that they clean the property after they stay and that they let the owners know how grateful they are for their generosity. Some properties will require Recipients to bring their own sheets & towels and others provide it.
- We can request between 2-6 nights stay, and we are only able to book them a maximum of 6 weeks in advance (ie: within the following 6 week period after we receive an application). We do not make requests to our lovely holiday homeowners over busy holiday periods such as Christmas/January and public holidays (school holidays can also be difficult to secure) as this is when our owners are most likely to be using it or renting it out themselves.
- While we cannot guarantee we will be able to find every Recipient something in the location or dates they have asked for, we will do our best to find them something that still works for them and their family.
- Please note that travel/food/entertainment etc costs incurred while on our TimeOut stays are not covered by TimeOut (accommodation only)
- Recipients can apply for 1 x TimeOut stay every 12 months
- You can read more about our Recipient Frequently Asked Questions here or Recipients can apply online at https://timeoutnz.org/apply.html
Thanks so much for your support and please get in touch if I can send brochures, organise a Zoom session with your team or chat on the phone ♥
TimeOut Charitable Trust