Kaiawhina Vacancy for Te Kahu Pairuri ki Taranaki
Te Kahu Pairuri Hospice Taranaki is the only specialist Palliative care provider in the Taranaki region. We are looking to recruit a Kaiawhina to manaaki and awhi Tūroro Māori through their end-of-life haerenga.
Our Kaiawhina is a key supportive care role within the organisation helping whānau Māori navigate through the complexity of health and social services and the uncertainties that sometimes comes with living with a life-limiting illness.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Provide kanohi-ki-te-kanohi social and cultural support in the home, inpatient unit and any place where there is whānau need.
- Work flexibly across the communities and rohe of Ngā Iwi o Taranaki Whanui me ngā hapū.
- Contribute to the holistic well-being and care aspirations of whānau Māori under Te Kahu Pairuri ki Taranaki
- where needed, be a connector to marae, hapū and Iwi.
- Guide and support a caring, dynamic Multidisciplinary Team who genuinely want to be a part of supporting Māori approaches to end-of-life care
- Work alongside the Kaitakawaenga role to build on relationships and linkages between Māori communities and Te Kahu Pairuri ki Taranaki
He kōrero mōu - About You:
The right applicant will have the following attributes:
- Highest level of empathy and compassion
- Understanding of te Ao Māori concepts and approaches for working with whānau Māori, particularly āta haere, āta whakarongo, āta korero, āta whakaaro
- Knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Effective linkages and connections with community organisations, Māori communities, iwi, hapū, whānau
- Be self-motivated, have initiative but also work effectively in a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
- Have very good computer literacy skills
- Current clean full driver’s licence
- Experience in Health or Social sector preferable
Please apply via ... https://www.seek.co.nz/job/70662453?tracking=SHR-WEB-SharedJob-anz-2
or contact Paula King 06 753 7830