- News & Events
- HospiceTalk newsletter - available here
- Knitting wool needed
- Partnership with Cast Iron Services
- Thank you Southern Trust
- Thank you NZCT towards our Clinical Nurse Educator
- Thank you Lions Foundation & Tasman Toyota
- thank you Budget
- Waiwhakaiho HospiceShop has relocated
- eNews May 2017
- 25years Hospice Taranaki - our story
- DN feature - Hospice Taranaki 25years
- Thank you Taranaki community
- Rodney Maiden Tractor Trek
- Cath's Ice Cream Cycle Tour of NZ
- Sale with a Twist
- Knitting Stalls 2018 April - August
- Link Nurse Group Meeting - North/Central & South Taranaki
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care - once a week for five weeks
- Palliative Care Lecture Series - Breakfast Sessions - first Thursday each month
- Syringe Driver Training - REFRESHER, Wednesday 23rd May 2018
- SYRINGE DRIVER COMPETENCY TRAINING WEDNESDAY 6th June 2018
- 6th June, Syringe Driver Competency Programme
- Refresher Syringe Driver - Wednesday 20th June
- HospiceShops & Auctions
- How Can I Help Or Donate
- Contact Us
- Quick Links
- How can I donate?
- Making a Referral
- Bequest information
- Healthcare Professionals
- HospiceShop Antiques & Collectibles Auction
- Latest HospiceTalk Newsletter
- Pavers & Wall Plaques
- Hospice NZ Fundamentals of Palliative Care Education, Syringe Driver, Education
- ADVANCED CARE PLANNING
- Calves for Hospice Taranaki
Volunteering - our lifeblood
Volunteer Support Network
Specially recruited, trained and supervised volunteers support all components of the hospice program. Some volunteers help support patients and their families while others help with reception, administration, computers, drivers, fundraising, Day Program hosts, flower arranging, baking & preserving, knitting, biographers, gardeners, housekeeping or car cleaners.
Our HospiceShop Volunteers
Hospice Taranaki's four retail HospiceShops are staffed with the support of a huge team of skilled and dedicated volunteers. The contribution of volunteers enables Hospice Taranaki to help raise vital funds to care for patients and families within Taranaki Region.
HospiceShops Warehouse Borrell Ave, Volunteers
Hospice Warehouse on Borrell Ave, New Plymouth has a large team of skilled and dedicated volunteers, using their various backgrounds to assist Hospice make the most of each and every item donated. The team sort, fix, clean and they transport resalable donated goods.
To become a volunteer
- HospiceShops - please call into your nearest HospiceShop to request an application pack.
- HospiceShops Borrell Ave Warehouse - Please call into 19 Borrell Ave, Westown to request an application pack from Michelle.
- Te Rangimarie and/or in the community, then please contact Lianne McElroy at Te Rangimarie 06 753 7830 or email Lianne McElroy to arrange a time to meet.
- Biographies, then please contact the Family Support Co-ordinator - Jenny Blyde
- Reception to fill in casual postions.
- Housekeeping - casual rotation
- Providing transport
- respite sitting
- all HospicsShops & New Plymouth HospiceShop Warehouse are looking for volunteers
If you have any specialist skills which you think may be of help to Hospice Taranaki, please contact Lianne McElroy either phone 06 753 7830 or email Lianne
Westown NEW PLYMOUTH - 112 Tukapa St, Westown. Telephone 06 753 8640. Open Tuesday - Friday 9am - 4pm, Monday and Saturday 9am - 1pm
Waiwhakaiho NEW PLYMOUTH - Cnr Katere & Devon Roads. Telephone 06 758 8647. Open Tuesday - Friday 9am - 3pm, Monday and Saturday 9am - 1pm
HAWERA - 104 High St. Telephone 06 278 4593. Open Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm
STRATFORD - Cnr Regan & Miranda Sts. Telephone 06 765 0900. Open Tuesday - Friday 9am - 4pm, Monday and Saturday 9am - 1pm
For Donating goods over the weekend - HospiceShops Warehouse - 19 Borrell Ave, Westown, New Plymouth Open Saturday 1pm - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm