How to make a comment, compliment or complaint
Hospice Taranaki welcomes your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services. Our staff and volunteers are constantly striving to provide the best quality care for our patients and their families, however should you have any concerns we welcome your feedback.
Our complaints procedure is as follows:
- Complaints can be made verbally or in writing and should be directed to the Complaints Administrator, PO Box 5122, New Plymouth 4343.
- Complaints will be acknowledged in writing and an investigation will be undertaken which includes a discussion with the Complainant.
- The complaint may be identified as an opportunity for quality improvement for the service. If this is the case, the quality improvement will be implemented.
- Any staff involved are interviewed and steps taken to identify all contributing factors and appropiate action to be taken to remedy the cause.
- The identity of the complainant and details of the complaint will be kept confidential as far as practicable in the circumstances.
- Formal documentation of complaint and resolution are filed confidentially, with those involved being advised of the outcome.
- The outcome of the complaint will be advised to the Complainant in writing.
- If you are not happy with the outcome you will be referred to the Health and Disability Comissioner's office.
- An anonymous report outlining the nature of the complaint, investigation and outcome is provided to the Board of Trustees by the Chief Executive.
The Health and Disability Commissioner's office offers a free advocacy service to assist complainants with their complaint. The Advocacy Service can be contacted by phoning 0800 11 22 33.
Written complaints can be posted to: Complaints Administrator, PO Box 5122, New Plymouth 4343
Or emailed to: Complaints Administrator.
Please be as complete and specific as possible with the details of the concerns you have. Include your name, address and contact phone number. Thank you.