Fundamentals of Palliative Care - once a week for four weeks July 2017
This package of education is primarily aimed at residential care staff; registered and unregistered. Even though delivery is currently being provided at aged care facilities.
This education package being of value to carers/support staff working across other health care settings and will accept registrations from those interested in attending.
NOTE: To be eligible to complete all sessions you must have attended or registered for session one.
- Please note these sessions require pre-reading and a post learning activity as well as completion of a post learning feedback form. Certificates of completion are not able to be provided until all session requirements have been fulfilled.
COST: no charge - contact Vanessa to book in
- Essence of palliative care
- Ethical issues in palliative care
- Pain and symptom management
- Last days of life
- Palliative care for people with chronic conditions
- Palliative care for people with dementia
- Communication Skills
- Loss & grief and Caring for ourselves
each Wednesday July; 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
1300 - 1630
Te Rangimarie Hospice, 5 David St, Westown.